Some of the services offered by the Maltese
Consulate in Kuala Lumpur.
Visa and Travelling to Malta
- The Consulate does not issue entry visas to Malta however it is able to advice according to the circumstances at the time and purpose of visit including assistance with accommodation facilities.
- Malaysian, European Union and most Commonwealth citizens do not require a visa to enter Malta and can travel as tourists provided that a return ticked is available and other conditions are met.
- Visa application and instructions forms to visit Malta can be can be downloaded from the following website; then click the “service” icon followed by click on “Travelling to Malta” icon then click ” Applications “.
- Third Countries Nationals requiring a visa are shown in the following website:
- Third Countries Nationals can apply at their country of origin as shown in the following website:
Malta has a number of residence programmes and the Consulate can assist with the applications, details can be found from the Maltese government links:
- The Global Residence Programme:
- High Net Worth Individuals.
- Malta Retirement Programme.
- Individual Investor Programme.
Presently under discussion, please refer to Google for more information
The Maltese Consulate will assist any interested parties in establishing education collaboration links between Malaysia and Malta including prospective students willing to study in Malta
University of Malta
Prospective students at undergraduate and post graduate level who wish to study at the University of Malta should in the first instance contact the sole agent in Malaysia and South east Asia, Galileo Enterprises and Consultancy Services email@example.com prior to applying to the University for further details and assistance.
The University of Malta has its roots since 1592 and is one of the oldest universities in Europe. It has ten faculties offering graduate and postgraduate degree courses in Architecture and Civil Engineering, Arts, Dental Surgery, Economics, Management and Accountancy, Education, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Medicine and Surgery, Law and Science and Technology and various Institutes and Centres. Classes are relatively small and the medium of teaching is English. The Malaysian Medical Council and Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awan (JPA) recognise the degree of Medical Doctor and Bachelor of Dentistry awarded by University of Malta (previously known as the Royal University of Malta). One of the well-known personalities at the university is Edward de Bone. The Edward de Born Institute of Thinking is a very active institute at University of Malta.
Education in Gerontology and Ageing Issues
The United Nations has established its International Institute on Ageing in Malta on the 15th April 1988 for the purpose of helping the developing countries. A limited number of scholarships are available to attend courses in Malta or in the base countries, associated with gerontology and other aging aspects. A number of Malaysians’ citizens have already benefited and attended such courses held in Malta and other base countries.
Flights to and from Malta
Emirates Airlines and Turkish Airlines both offer return flights from KLIA 1 to Malta with a stop at Dubai and Istanbul respectively; each way. One can also travel by MAS from KLIA 1 to London Heathrow and other European cities and then to Malta by Air Malta as well as by a number of budget airlines from various airports in the United Kingdom. Malta has connections to all the major European cities and North African countries as well as their Embassies and Consulates
Business with Malta
The Consulate can assist with:
- Business and commercial connections including import and export activities between Malta and Malaysia, and Malta and other South East Asian Countries.
- Setting up manufacturing and or marketing operations and facilities in Malta.
- Business in the EU. Malta is a full member of the European Union and therefore business activities could include all the European market. The currency used in Malta is the Euro.
- Business in North Africa. Malta’s strategic position in the Mediterranean Sea makes it a very suitable business base to serve the emerging North African Markets as a whole.
Business within Malaysia
The main business activities in Malaysia are carried out by Galileo Enterprise and Consultancy Services see website for detail, together with other associates including Galileo Education Sdn Bhd, and various travel agents.