General Application Instructions for a Visa to enter Malta
Citizens of certain countries will need to apply for an Entry Visa or a Transit Visa at the nearest Maltese Embassies or Consulates or another Schengen State Embassy representing Malta in the specific country for the issue of visa before proceeding to Malta. This form is intended to assists the applicant with the various requirement when completing the visa application form and it is recommended that it should be download
and used as a reference.
In order to accelerate the submission for a visa application, the applicant is required to obtain a VISA application form the Maltese Embassies or Consulates or another Schengen State Embassy representing Malta or download the application form from this website and the proceed as follows:-
- The applicant is required to complete the Application Form by hand or preferably by means of a typewriter or computer giving all the requested information and then sign the Application Form at the bottom as indicated.
- The supporting evidence should include photocopies of the following :
Passport details including all the relevant Visa pages.
Confirmation of the possession of a re-entry visa to the next destination country.
Confirmation of financial means to cover proposed stay in Malts such as proof of foreign
Exchange funds for the trip (bank deposit statement, credit card, traveler’s cheques issues receipts)
Any other supporting documents which are deemed to be necessary for the visit.
- All the supporting documents will need to be verified and certified by the Consular Section of the Maltese Embassies or Consulates or another Schengen State Embassy representing Malta.
- The applicant will need to make an appointment with the Consular Section of the Maltese Embassies or Consulates or another Schengen State Embassy representing Malta and bring with him/her evidence to support the information shown in the application letter.
e) At the time of submission the applicant will pay the Consular Section the application processing fee in Euros or equivalent pertaining at the time
- The Consular Section will process the application by carrying out due diligence and will liaise with the Maltese authorities.
- The Consular Section will inform the applicant of the decision as to whether the visa application has been granted or not. And to collect any relevant documents as required.
- A Visa administration issue fee will need to be paid upon arrival in Malta.
It should be noted that
- A Visa application should be submitted at least 15 days in advance of the intended date of departure.
- The Maltese Embassies or Consulates or another Schengen State Embassy representing Malta is not responsible for any delay in the processing of the Visa or its approval; this is at the discretion of the Maltese Immigration Police.
- Presently Malaysians and Singaporeans citizens do not require an entry visa to Malta
- Any person in Malaysia requiring a visa to visit Malta should contact the Austrian Embassy at:
The Consular Section (VISA for Malta), Austrian Embassy, Suite 10.02, Level 10
Wisma Goldhill, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel 03 2381 7160/62, Fax 03 2381 7168, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any person in Singapore requiring a visa to visit Malta should contact the Italian Embassy in Singapore
More details regarding visa application and other matters can be obtained directly from the Minister of Foreign Affairs’ website http://www.foreign.gov.mt/default.aspx?MLEV=52&MDIS=19.
followed by clicking on Travelling to Malta.