VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR MALTESE NATIONALS AS AT 27/11/2013
For an updated information please refer to the following website:
Maltese nationals do NOT require a visa to enter the following countries:
|Albania||Guatemala||Republic of South Korea|
|Antigua & Barbuda||Honduras||Samoa|
|Canada||Lithuania||St Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Czech Republic||Mexico||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Federal Republic of Germany||Nicaragua||Uruguay|
|FYROM (Macedonia)||Panama||United States (see notes below)|
- Travelling for tourism purposes in the USA does not require a visa for a maximum of 90 days
on the following conditions:
- One has to travel with a biometric passport.
- One has to fill in an e-form called ESTA at least 72 hrs prior to departure, such information has to be submitted via the US Embassy website: www.malta.usembassy.gov
- Any Maltese national who is still in possession of a valid entry visa on a non biometric passport, can still enter the USA.
- If any of the above mentioned criteria is not met than a Maltese national needs to apply for a US visa
- Businessmen, students, and missionaries only require visa for Colombia and Peru.
- Maltese nationals do not require a visa to visit Hong Kong for a period of up to 90 days.
- Maltese nationals travelling to the SULTANATE of OMAN will be given a visa, valid for a 14-day visit, upon arrival at Seeb International Airport. They do not require a sponsor from the Sultanate of Oman.
- Visa for the Philippines is not required for a period not exceeding 21days.
- Visa for Taiwan is not required for a period not exceeding 30 days.
- Visa for Brunei Darussalam is not required for a period not exceeding 30 days.
- Visa for Kuwait is issued upon arrival.
- Visa for Nepal is issued on arrival
- Visa for the Dominican Republic is issued on arrival
- Visa for St Kitts and Nevis is applied for online on the following website http://www.gov.kn by clicking on visiting and visitor information respectively. Maltese nationals do not require a visa to visit St Kitts and Nevis for a period of up to 90 days.
- Visa for Turkey can be obtained at the Turkish border gates until April 10, 2014. Following this date, only electronic visas will be applied and can be obtained online on the webpage: www.evisa.gov.tr. The E-visa has been applied since April 17, 2013.
Maltese nationals travelling to countries not mentioned above NEED TO APPLY for an
Entry or Transit Visa before proceeding from Malta. For visa requirements and any other
information kindly contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Consular Department.